Tuesday, August 5, 2008

North American P-51 Mustang

This is an RC kit by Top Flight which is about 1/8 scale of the North American P-51 Mustang. I started building this kit about 12 years ago and never finished it. I was about three quarters done when I decided to move out west and work in "hollywood". Unfortunately, my tiny studio apartment was no place for a model that had a 50" wingspan so I had to leave it behind.













And so there is sat in my parents attic until last year when my father decided to finish it. He did a great job and it was nice to finally see it done!



Unfortunately, during its 3rd flight the battery unexpectedly died and the P-51 nose dived into the dirt...



The good news is the plane is back together and should be ready to fly again in a couple of weeks.

No comments: