Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Mast

Happy Holidays!! Well it may be a little late but progress has been slow over the holidays in the garage. I did manage to get some work done so I wanted to update you on the progress. I started work on the mast which is made from a 3/8" diameter brass tubing. Based on the reference photos I detailed the mast with various bits of styrene. For the rungs I first drilled holes the length of the mast and then inserted pieces of brass rod. To create the winch I went to my parts box and put together a few small gears and some styrene bits. I then wwent ahead and sprayed a coat of primer on it.



2 comments:

bruce said...

This is fantastic!

So far, it looks dead-on to the actual boat. I especially love the lettering on the back...just perfect. Any plans to craft figures of Brody, Quint, and Hooper for this?

Frank said...

Thanks for the kind words. I have no plans to add any characters but I'm pretty sure I'll be sculpting a shark pretty soon.