Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More Canopies & Cockpits

The cockpits of the original models were never really detailed so you can use the fullsize props as a guide. For the most part I just had some fun and made it look functional. It's mainly some tank parts and a few pieces of scrap wire. I chose not to do any lighting on this model so there was no need to run any fiber optic in here. That did allow me to get through this pretty quick.




And after a coat of primer it all comes together...



To get the shape of the canopy I first carved it out of balsa foam. When I was happy with that I built the pieces over the shape. As before I first cut all the shapes out of poster board and then used them as a template for the styrene.


1 comment:

Michael said...

I LOVE the Y-Wing fighter. Great work, man, I wish I could do what you do. Keep it up.