Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scratchbuilt Studio Scale X-Wing

My first scratchbuilt project was the X-Wing. I started it a few years back and really enjoyed it. I also learned alot along the way and it probably took me longer to finish it than it should have, but it was worth it. From start to finish it took me about 1 year of nights and weekends. So, although it is complete I'm going to chronicle the build here from the beginning.

I started off by blowing up pictures of the original studio model to approximately 2 feet long. I used pictures from what has become known as the "bible" of Star Wars models - "Chronicles". An expensive book but well worth every penny. From there I started with a block of balsa wood and carved it to shape.

I continued to refine the shape. I spent alot of time trying to get it right before I moved on.





No comments: