Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wings, Wings & More Wings

On to the wings and there's plenty of them. After working everything out on paper I decided the easiest way to tackle this was to work on them as if it were an assembly line. Doing it that way helped keep a consistency through all of them. The basic shape was cut in acrylic which I sheeted with styrene. The acrylic is much stronger at keeping its shape and wouldn't sag over time.

The wings include a few model parts but most of them I scratch built. It took alot of time especially the guns.

Here is a detail of the back of the engine. The part in the center is a heatsink.


The underside of the wings was the fun part. The design has the engines exposed and that's were I took liberty and dressed them up how I wanted.


When they were done I went ahead and test fit them onto the fuselage. I decided to keep the wings in the fixed open position.






No comments: